Karr was inspired one morning when he prepared breakfast for his fiancée. The soft pattering of rain outside and the sweet cozy atmosphere inside gave him a feeling of warmth, tenderness and love, and he reflected these feelings onto this paneling design. Soft dripping raindrops highlighted with sparkling silver crystals create this shimmering backdrop that will match any mood and décor.
Karr Yip is a multi-talented creative designer with Architecture & Fine Art and IT background. Karr graduated with MSc in Architecture from Chinese University of Hong Kong, and has earned professional certificates from Royal College of Art London and Harvard University. Karr is an artist as well as an architect; he uses art & design to promote love and family relationship, and believes that the crack in a relationship is the most meaningful space to build the architecture, for it gives the space a touching emotion and remarkable experience. His work covers architecture, interior, furniture, artwork, graphic, apps, and UX design.
Karr has won numerous international awards, including DFA Design for Asia Award, HK Ten Outstanding Designer Award, HKDA Award on SPACE and International A’ Design Award.
Awards: - 2012 & 2103 International A' Design Award Winner
- ARROW The Greater China Interior Design Award
- Winner of Philippe Charriol Foundation Painting Competition
- Schoeni Prize of Sovereign Art Foundation Asian Painting Competition
- JCD Design Space Design Award
- HKDA Award on SPACE, Enviromental Graphics, Products SPARKLE by Karen Chan x Karr Yip Collaboration SPARKLE drew inspiration from this distinctive fabric pattern and created a series of exclusive Modern Cheongsams, West-meets-East Modern Couture and fabulous accessories: